Thursday, September 27, 2007

Going Out to Play Pool

I told Mom that I was going to play pool with Charlene and Shannon. (A local bar has free pool tables on Wednesday nights. It's a cheap evening out for all of us.) And I initially told her that I would probably be home by 9:00 so I could watch CSI. But then I checked the listings and realized that the CSI that I want to watch is actually the one that comes on Thursdays.

"Mom, I won't be home at 9:00, after all, because the show I want to watch is tomorrow night, not tonight."

"But you'll be home by 9:00 to watch your show."

"No, Mom. The show I want to watch is tomorrow night, not tonight."

"You won't be home at 9:00?"

"No, my show comes on tomorrow night, not tonight."

"When will you be home?"

"Probably after 10:00."

"I got to bed at 10:00"

"OK, Mom."

"Well, how late do you think you'll be?"

"I don't know, Mom. You don't have to wait up."

"Well, what time does the place close?"

"It's a bar, Mom. It closes at 2:00 a.m."

"2:00 a.m.??!!"

"Yes, Mom, but I won't be out that late. I just don't know exactly when I'll be home."

"Oh, OK. Well, you still want to get up at 7:00?"

"Yes, Mom. I'll see you in the morning."

No comments: