Thursday, November 6, 2008

What I'm Reading Now




I'm almost finished with America's Hidden History: Untold Tales of the First Pilgrims, Fighting Women, and Forgotten Founders Who Shaped a Nation. I'm fascinated by the stories that help make our historical figures more than two-dimensional ones about which we were made to memorize name/date/battle factoids. I'm glad I didn't arrive with the Puritans!

I chose Conquistador: Hernan Cortes, King Montezuma, and the Last Stand of the Aztecs because I just finished the Gary Jennings novel Aztec Autumn his sequal to Aztec both about the Spanish conquest of the Americas, but told from the conquered point of view.

Tuned In: Uncover the Extraordinary Opportunities That Lead to Business Breakthroughs just looked interesting.

I'll let y'all know.

(A sub-note: Blogger is making me learn HTML in order to format this the way I want it. I've resisted learning HTML this long; I resent having to learn it now. Hmph!)



No comments: